Monday, November 17, 2008

Am i lost or just less found?

So i have been doing some gut checking recently, and while i know the end is worth wild the means are far from enjoyable. Over the past six months i don't have much to show for this. If i can be honest with myself, i would rather die now than know that i will spend the rest of my life as what some have called a tame safe life in suburbia America where i go to church and attend sunday school and write checks so that i feel that i am being all God has created me to be. This has been my path the past six months... and if this is where God wants me to be, then i will glorify him, here, now, but i will not allow the call of God to be drowned out by meetings, bills, and alarm clocks.

I am not saying that i haven't learned anything through this, i have, trust me. I am so blessed to be able to be in this position now, but this is not where i long to be. I love my job, i love architecture, i love getting paid, and having nice things, and there are countless ways to serve God here and now. But i find that i long for more. For those that know me, this will sound weird at best, but i really want some tattoos and a piercing and to go to some place far away and just live simply serving God's people returning occasionally to write about my experience. Not because i find it romantic or edgy or the 'in thing', but because i want to fulfill the purpose for which i was created for.

And this has been so hard to even deal with, and half the time i think i am crazy, i actually hope i am, cause most people thought Jesus was a little crazy. But i cannot continue to know my savior and not be radical, i cannot claim to know the truth and not be changed by it, and i cannot see what i have seen and experience what i have experienced and not move to proclaim the hope which i cling to. For now that means being here in Houston, but who knows what is next. I know that in God's mercy he is using this time for a purpose that i cannot see yet, and that i need for my heart to come closer to his and to be patient for his timing. I have been saying that no matter my circumstances, if my chief goal is to glorify Christ then i can't lose because my joy is found in eternity and not in my circumstances...

i have the words and a link to Brooke Fraser's C.S. Lewis Song below, i believe that finding her music has been an answered prayer for me. She is an incredible song writer and her heart for Christ is something that i long for and this particular song really says what my soul is searching through...

C.S. Lewis Song by Brooke Fraser

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

[CHORUS]
Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me
Am I lost or just less found?
On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
'Cause my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become
[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE]
For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live,
I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been reading "Irresistible Revolution"? That's what you sound like.

Anonymous said...

God receives glorification in even what seems like the mundane. Its all about what you do with where Heputs you, quality not quantity.